Why It’s Important to Join the Chamber
Are you too busy?
Too much money to put into the Chamber out of the checkbook every month?
Already involved in a bunch of things?
Your business is so successful you don’t need anything else to bring in money?
Think of the advantages for your business by joining your business colleagues and sharing with them the benefits of being a Chamber member. Trends and research points out that consumers are more likely to do business with you if you belong to the Chamber. The Shapiro Group and Market Street Services say so – 44% think favorably, and 63% will return if they understand your business supports the Chambers efforts.
On the website of American Business magazine, these reasons are given for your consideration:
- 59% of consumers think that being active in your Chamber is an effective business strategy, and they feel that your business is more reputable.
- If you’re actively involved in the Chamber, consumers are 12% more likely to think that your products are better than your competition.
- They infer that since you’re a Chamber member, your company is more trustworthy.
- When consumers see a member restaurant, they are 40% more likely to eat there in the next few months.
- Own an insurance company? If you’re a Chamber member, they’re 43% more likely to trust you.
There are several other reasons to join your Chamber. We’ve covered the credibility issue. You also have the opportunity to connect and network with your business community. You can learn from them, and they can help spread the word about what you do, and that helps grow your business plus increase visibility. We broadcast social media sites, send out newsletters, as well as do regular newspaper and radio features and Chamber events. We also promote ribbon cuttings and special events for our members.
Chamber members have many opportunities to network with each other during the year, as well as the Chamber working on your government concerns. We stay in touch with and do our best to arrange events with our legislators. You also gain customer referrals from the Chamber and other members, can attend Chamber events and programs to meet new contacts as well. The Chamber provides exclusive advertising and promotions for its membership too.
How about these benefits?
- City, County and State Maps
- School information
- Administrative Professional Luncheons
- Free meeting facilities for members
- Lists of City and County Officials
- Telephone Directories
- Email notifications/Special Events
- Annual Christmas Open House
- Club and Organization Directories
- Tourist Information
- Email Business “happenings”
- Annual Membership Banquet and Awards Ceremony
- Community Profiles and Data
- Local Computer, Projection and Wifi for Presentations
- Chamber Newsletter
- Relocation Packets
- Small Business Consultation/Training
- Cost of Living Information
- Chamber Facebook and Twitter Notifications
- Advertising Discounts in local media
- Population figures
- Assist Industry with Government Legislation
- Chamber Website
- Business After Hours
- Industrial Site Information
- Business Connect Breakfast
- Representation at all City and County events
- Ribbon Cuttings
- Annual Legislative Breakfasts
- All this for $120 average dues